POSITION: HVAC Maintenance Technician
- Five years experience in operation, maintenance and repair of commercial and residential equipment including but not limited to all equipment listed below.
- Training and experience using building automation control software a plus
- Class II or Universal Refrigerant Reclaim License required
- Tech School Training preferred. Manufacturers training/seminar participation a plus
- Diagnostic skills utilizing knowledge of mechanical, electrical and refrigeration theory is a must
- Drivers’ License in good standing required
- Ability to work in elevated locations, lift up to 75 lbs, and use hand and power tools applicable to trade
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures and engineering documents
This position provides construction, maintenance, and repair of heating and air conditioning systems and control mechanisms. Equipment types include, boilers, air/ water cooled chillers, residential split systems, commercial package units, electric/ gas unit heaters, and Mitsubishi City Multi high efficiency VRF heat pumps.
- Coordinate the installation of HVAC systems as listed above.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and repair equipment. Service HVAC units, repair leaks, and address other deficiencies as assigned by work orders.
- Perform scheduled maintenance inspections, adjustments, filter changes, motor greasing, coil cleaning belt adjustments, clean and calibrate various systems to assure proper system operation
- Repair wiring and electronic components associated with automated building management systems.
- Replace expansion valves, compressors, motors, coil units and other components
- Providing technical assistance with the design of HVAC systems including installations and modifications to existing systems.
- Prepare purchase orders and requests for supplies and equipment.
- Document facilities maintenance requirements; maintains appropriate records of work performed
- Respond to emergency situations, including after hours and weekend calls.
- Other duties as assigned
POSTED: May 15, 2016
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: To Be Determined
STARTING DATE: July 1, 2017