POSITION: Job/Employability Coach
- Bachelor’s degree or above from an accredited college or university. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of three years of experience in a related field.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both written and orally.
- Must have the ability to interview, analyze, and counsel students.
- Experience with resume and interviews preferred.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF FUNCTION
The Job/Employability Coach is a new, grant funded position, created to provide a broad array of individual and small group career coaching services to credit and noncredit students. The position is dependent on the success of the project and continued funding of the grant.
- Develop, modify, and schedule professionalism modules.
- Provide classroom instruction (including career-technical programs and workforce pre-employment classes).
- Work with students on an individual basis to provide guidance in resume development and interviewing techniques.
- Provide a broad array of individual and small group career coaching services to students, including remediation activities.
- Assist students with Mississippi Works registration.
- Coordinate with the college’s employer partnership coordinator to schedule job recruiting events.
- Connect students with resources to overcome employment barriers.
- Follow up with employers of interns and past graduates to identify deficiencies in their professionalism and to improve training services.
- Coordinate with the college’s employer partnership coordinator and workforce development staff to develop/continue partnerships with business and industry
- Keep records and documentation.
- Prepare and submit appropriate reports.
- Oversee data collection and use data to improve services.
- Work with partners: to include the other divisions of NWCC, the Mississippi Community College Board, WIN Job Centers, employers, and others to establish mutually beneficial relationships to achieve maximum coordination of services to the student.
- Manage program budget and maintain control.
- Participate in meetings and professional development activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the District Dean of Career, Technical and Workforce Education.
POSTED: May 11, 2017
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: June 12, 2017
STARTING DATE: July 1, 2017