POSITION: Heavy Equipment Crew Leader
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must obtain and maintain a Class A Commercial driver’s license
- Must have a high school diploma
- Must be able to read, interpret, and follow construction drawings and follow verbal instructions related to construction
- Must be able to lift 100 pounds, climb and work from ladders
- Five years’ experience in construction or maintenance related field
- Experience with hand and power tools that are involved with general carpentry.
- Experience with construction equipment such as backhoe, skid steer loader, boom lifts, etc.
- Give instructions to other crew members
- Build and set concrete forms.
- Pour and finish concrete for sidewalks, curbs, and slabs.
- Perform general rough carpentry work, interior and exterior. Overhead work is required involving ladders, scaffolds, and lifts.
- Minor CMU block and concrete wall repair
- Perform demolition work including sidewalks, curbs, CMU walls, poured concrete walls, stud walls, doors, windows, ceilings, and flooring removal.
- Perform moving and event duties when heavy lifting or large-scale projects require additional manpower including furniture, equipment and appliances relocation for department moves.
- Repair underground utilities including water, sewer, and storm drainage. Dig and fill ditches at repair sites.
- Perform as backhoe and dump truck operator.
- Respond to after hour emergencies involving utilities.
- Respond to inclement weather events (storm clean up, snow/ ice clearing, etc.)
- Any and all other duties as assigned.
POSTED: March 7, 2017
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: To Be Determined
STARTING DATE: To Be Determined