POSITION: Construction Worker
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must have a high school diploma
- Must be able to read, interpret, and follow construction drawings and follow verbal instructions related to construction
- Must be able to lift 75 pounds, climb and work from ladders
- Experience in construction or maintenance related field
- Experience with hand and power tools that are involved with general carpentry.
- Assist in building and set concrete forms; assist in pouring and finishing concrete for sidewalks, curbs, and slabs.
- Perform general rough carpentry work, interior and exterior. Overhead work is required involving ladders, scaffolds, and lifts.
- Assist with minor CMU block and concrete repair.
- Perform demolition work including sidewalks, curbs, CMU walls, poured concrete walls, stud walls, doors, windows, ceilings, and flooring removal.
- Perform moving and event duties requiring heavy lifting or large-scale projects including relocation of furniture, equipment, and appliances for department moves.
- Dig and fill ditches at repair sites for repair to underground utilities including water, sewer, and storm drainage.
- Respond to after hour emergencies and inclement weather events.
- Any and all other duties as assigned.
POSTED: February 27, 2017
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: To Be Determined
STARTING DATE: To Be Determined